Community Development Services Inc. (CDS)
- Support people in financial crisis
- Provide quality community resources, information and referral
- Assess community needs, initiate, facilitate and sponsor projects
- Auspice community groups and support volunteers
- Liaise and network with business, government and non-government agencies and services at local, regional, State and national levels in pursuit of the organisation’s objectives.
CDS workers and volunteers administer Emergency Relief funds made available by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services. People experiencing crisis may attend the CDS office for an interview (during which they may receive financial assistance, advice, information and/ or referral to other services) on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays 11am-12:30pm. Outside these times require an appointment. Clients receiving Centrelink benefits are required to bring a current Centrelink Income Statement with them to their interview. This service is operated bi-monthly. Please check with our office if this service is available.
Free Legal Advice
Care Goondiwindi's legal service provides free legal advice to members of the community. This service operates from CDS every 2nd week only by appointment. Please phone Care Goondiwindi on (07) 4670 0716 to make your appointment.
TASC is a legal outreach program offering legal advice and advocacy for rural women. This service attends the CDS office once each month. To make an appointment, call the service direct on (07) 4616 9700.
Community Resource Library
CDS has a library of community resources including books, videos, brochures and information. Sheets on topics as varied as baby care, stress management, parenting health issues, budgeting, relationship problems, domestic violence prevention and disability issues are available. These items may be borrowed free of charge by members of the Stanthorpe community. Please phone (07) 4681 3777 during office hours for more information.
Family Support Services
CDS has a dedicated Family Support worker. We also offer referrals to family services such as Red Cross, Child and Family Connect, and Bush Kids, who run may programs and support options. These options may include:
- Parenting Workshops
- Individual advocacy and the active encouragement of self help.
If you would like a referral or other support, please call our office during business hours.
Youth Support Services
This Service, funded by the Department of Communities, aims to address a range of identified youth issues via a strategic social and economic development approach. Our Youth program is an access only service, meaning our youth worker will assess clients and provide ongoing pathways.
- Provide information, advice and referral to appropriate support services
- Support individuals through case management
- Advocacy and active encouragement of self-help.
Community Development Services Inc. is a community driven, accessible, professional and innovative organisation assisting and empowering the growth of a resilient and caring community.
Statement of Purpose:
Helping the community to grow, by developing its capacity to manage change by:
• Identifying and responding to community needs
• Utilising existing community strengths
• Building community connections
• Identifying and accessing resources
• Initiating and supporting community projects
Strategic Priorities till 2018 (in addition to core service delivery)
By 2018, CDS will have:
• Rationalised and re-utilised its resources so that programs and physical spaces achieve their full potential
• Developed & maintained a strong volunteer culture
• Implemented the Standards for Community Services and streamlined associated processes, procedures and reporting
• Supported initiatives included in the Stanthorpe 2020 Community Plan
• Developed a structural response (roles, responsibilities and processes) to the overall day-to-day management and co-ordination of the organisation
• Built a stronger organisational culture by improving communication between the many groups, and
• Developed an ethos and implemented practices that address its environmental responsibilities
Nicola Fisher - Youth Support Worker
Diane Mitchell - Community Development Worker
Clare McHugh Von Stieglitz - Community Support Worker email@example.com
Megan Clift - Administration Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiona Sweet - Community Social Worker
Cathy Rosetta - Family Support Worker
Volunteer Management Committee
President: Fran Hodgson email@example.com
Vice President: Kerrylee Anderson
Treasurer: Vicki Cavanagh
Secretary: Alan Jones
Member: Gail Baxter